B Team Buffalo is a non-profit organization led by young professionals dedicated to promoting a lasting sense of civic pride in the Greater Buffalo area. The B Team creates high-impact signature projects and assists other organizations with the development and execution of volunteer-driven, Buffalo-focused events. We aim to inspire community engagement that translates into ongoing change.
Membership: Over 300 young professionals volunteered with B Team in 2015 and our active membership base has increased yearly since 2008. Becoming a member of B Team is as easy as signing up for our newsletter and is free of charge.
Impact: In 2015, B Team Buffalo and its membership donated over 875 hours of their time to various local groups, events, and causes.
Signature Event: Each year, B Team Buffalo partners with a neighborhood in Buffalo. In December, we work to decorate homes and hold a winter carnival at no cost to the area residents in an event named City of Light.
Partners: We have worked with the Seneca Babcock Community Association, West Side International Soccer, BN360, Chalkfest, Buffalo Hearing and Speech, UNYTS, Boys and Girls Clubs of Buffalo, Code Blue Relief Mission, Wingfest, and numerous neighborhood organizations since our inception in 2008.
* B Team Formed
* First Buffalo Wingfest Volunteer Opportunity
* Inaugural City of Light: Alice Avenue
* South Buffalo Community Table Fundraiser
* Gains 501c3 Non-Profit Status
* 2nd Annual City of Light: Seneca Babcock
* City of Love Supporting Crisis Services
* Buffalo Brewfest Supporting Buffalo Hearing and Speech
* 3rd Annual City of Light: West Side
* Riverside Revival Spring Clean Up Event
* Stilletto Run
* 4th Annual City of Light: Riverside
* Happy Hour for a Cause Series
* UNYTS Bucket List Bash
* Building A Community Garden in the Old First Ward
* 5th Annual City of Light: Old First Ward Community
* Began cooking meals at Ronald McDonald House
* Participated in Pop Up Parks initiative
* Held 10th Street Community Day on Buffalo’s West Side
* 6th Annual City of Light: 10th Street Boys and Girls Club
* Community Partnership with University Heights Collaborative, including Re Tree the District
* Started “Stop Hunger Now: A Project to Help the Homeless”
*Recognized on the New York State Senate floor by Senator Tim Kennedy
* 7th Annual City of Light: University Heights. Over 100 houses decorated and 120+ volunteers
* Partnership with BN360 generates funds for the 8th Annual City of Light
* Cleaned up Cazenovia Park and Red Jacket Riverfront Park
* Packed up 180 lbs of food for Code Blue Relief Mission at Send Hunger Packing
* 8th Annual City of Light: Seneca Babcock. Over 60 houses decorated and 160+ volunteers