B Team Buffalo is a non-profit organization led by young professionals dedicated to promoting a lasting sense of civic pride in the Greater Buffalo area. The B Team creates high-impact signature projects and assists other organizations with the development and execution of volunteer-driven, Buffalo-focused events. We aim to inspire community engagement that translates into ongoing change.
Membership: Over 200 young professionals volunteered with B Team in 2016 and our active membership base has increased yearly since 2008. Becoming a member of B Team is as easy as signing up for our newsletter and is free of charge.
Impact: In 2016, B Team Buffalo and its membership donated approximately 1,000 hours of their time to various local groups, events, and causes.
Signature Event: Each year, B Team Buffalo partners with a neighborhood in Buffalo. In December, we work to decorate homes and hold a winter carnival at no cost to the area residents in an event named City of Light.
Partners: We have worked with the Seneca Babcock Community Association, Matt Urban Hope Center, West Side International Soccer, BN360, Chalkfest, Buffalo Hearing and Speech, UNYTS, Boys and Girls Clubs of Buffalo, Code Blue Relief Mission, Harbor House, Wingfest, and numerous neighborhood organizations since our inception in 2008.
* B Team Formed
* First Buffalo Wingfest Volunteer Opportunity
* Inaugural City of Light: Alice Avenue
* South Buffalo Community Table Fundraiser
* Gains 501c3 Non-Profit Status
* 2nd Annual City of Light: Seneca Babcock
* City of Love Supporting Crisis Services
* Buffalo Brewfest Supporting Buffalo Hearing and Speech
* 3rd Annual City of Light: West Side
* Riverside Revival Spring Clean Up Event
* Stilletto Run
* 4th Annual City of Light: Riverside
* UNYTS Bucket List Bash
* Building a Community Garden in the Old First Ward
* 5th Annual City of Light: Old First Ward
* Meal cooking at Ronald McDonald House
* Participated in Pop Up Parks initiative
* Held 10th Street Community Day on Buffalo’s West Side
* 6th Annual City of Light: 10th Street Boys and Girls Club
* Community Partnership with University Heights Collaborative
* Started “Stop Hunger Now: A Project to Help the Homeless”
* Recognized on the New York State Senate floor by Senator Tim Kennedy
* 7th Annual City of Light: University Heights
* Partnership with BN360 generates funds for the 8th Annual City of Light
* Cleaned up Cazenovia Park and Red Jacket Riverfront Park
* Packed up 180 lbs of food for Code Blue Relief Mission at Send Hunger Packing
* 8th Annual City of Light: Seneca Babcock
* Participated in 1st Annual Pad and Tampon Drive to benefit Buffalo’s homeless population
* Partnered with Harbor House for Send Hunger Packing
* 9th Annual City of Light: Matt Urban Hope Center on Buffalo’s East Side